Sunday, October 6, 2013

Eggplant, Heirlooms, & Smoked Lavender Pepper



Hey there!  It's been a while since I put a food post on here!  Things have been crazy busy - but all fun things are just around the corner.  Weddings galore, birthdays (ahem), visits from family and lots of yummy dinners!  Not to mention, doing some photography for someone other than me, myself and I (and YOU of course!).

I have been working with Laura over at Indigo Blooms Botanicals and shooting all of her amazing body care products.  She also has some cooking products like seasonings, honeys, teas, etc.  You may remember the lavender scones I made with her lavender infused sugar.  I also made some mean sugar cookies with it and they were REALLY good (sorry, no post about that one - they were gone too quickly).  But, don't be surprised if you see a few things from her company on here from time to time.

Today, I share with you grilled eggplant with heirlooms and parmesan cheese, marinated in her smoked lavender pepper.

1 Heirloom tomato, cut into 1/4 thick slices
1 Small eggplant, cut into 1/4 slices
1 Tbsp smoked lavender pepper
Lavender salt to taste
1/3c olive oil
2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese

Toss eggplant and tomato slices in oil and pepper.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.  Grill eggplant slices on medium heat 4-5 minutes each side or until tender.  Sprinkle lavender salt on remaining tomato slices to taste.  Stack tomato and eggplant slices, alternating between each.  Top with parmesan cheese!




2 comments:

  1. Tiffany, another amazing culinary and photography masterpiece! I wish you would have a Farm to Table Dinner because I would be the first one there with some fabulous wine pairing. Can't wait to try the recipe! Kudos to you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a dream to have a farm to table dinner! Might have to get a little creative now that the farmer's market is coming to an end!

      Delete