Hi! If you clicked on this tab, you probably are wanting to know a little something about me, so I will try not to disappoint.
I currently live in Denver (I have since 2005). Up until then I lived in Southern California and really loved it, but like many people, the process of choosing a college transplanted me to another state. Two college degrees, several jobs, several dogs, a house and a fiance later - here I stay! I have no formal culinary training (in fact all of my schooling is in architecture), but grew up in a family that loves food and learned a lot along the way. My dad especially taught me a lot, working in the food industry on and off throughout my life. Still, this blog serves as a way for me to continue learning and exploring the food world. There have been, and will continue to be, many moments where my naivety about a certain process or ingredient will come through, but that's one of the things that makes this fun. It's my excuse to try new things...otherwise it would be boring!
Choosing the path of architecture means I am a creative person by default, and this is definitely a creative outlet for me. I also have several photographers in my family and a slew of artists, so I am constantly inspired! This blog serves as a timelapse of my journey of learning more about food, learning much more about photography, and retrieving some of my lost writing skills after spending the last several years in a very graphicky setting.
- I know enough about writing to know "graphicky" isn't a word, so I'm off to a good start.
- I can stare at a good photo for a while, and wonder how it came to be.
- I crave order and "a plan" and spontaneity all at the same time. Needless to say, "balance" is a challenge.
- I sometimes bond with dogs better than with people.
- I love to travel and could be easily convinced to go just about anywhere if the opportunity were to present itself.
- I'm really into food staging and food photography and am currently trying to learn all I can about it. It seems like the coolest job ever!
- Cooking is pretty cheap therapy for me and that's why I continue to do it.
- My ultimate idea of a good time is a dinner party :)
I hope you all enjoy the blog and are inspired by what you see here. Come back often!