Good thing it is a) the shortest month of the year, and b) almost over. Come Wednesday I will be happy to welcome March! Also, come Wednesday, I will have worked 20 days straight without a day off, with no light at the end of the tunnel. See what I mean? Don't get me wrong, I like my job and the people I work with (or else this work schedule would NOT be possible). And, yes, years of architecture school has prepared me for this lifestyle - but I'm pooped!
So between work, and all of the "life" that happens outside of work, I have realized that a little R & R is so necessary if I am going to keep a smile on my face :)
Rest & Relaxation to me is...
- Daydreaming about my next vacation - I have 2, possibly 3 trips to California planned this year, and picture myself spending a lot of time at the beach. A lot, a lot, a lot.
- Going for a run - I am currently training for the Bolder Boulder (a Memorial Day 10k, with a bacon booth!) Sometimes the runs are an inconvenience...and lately I have had a hard time squeezing them in, but I feel so much better when they are done!
- Drinking lots of wine with friends - Let's be honest, a girl's gotta talk it out...and wine never hurts!
- A massage and a mani-pedi - This will happen as soon as I go back to working normal hours! And I don't care how much it costs either.
- Watching a movie - Or more like watching endless episodes of Friends because we all know I fall asleep during movies.
- ZZZZZzzzZzZZzzzzzzZZzz - Falling asleep during movies.
I hope you all have had a relaxing weekend!