Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend...Off To A Good Start

Well, this is my last weekend of freedom.  To say that I am not nervous about starting work next week would be a lie.  And I don't want to lie to you.  Of course I am nervous about all of the normal things:  Will I be good at my job?  Are the people going to be nice?  Will I get to leave at a decent hour each day?  But I am also really nervous about sitting at a desk 9 hours a day and losing motivation outside of work.



You know how it goes - by about 12 o'clock you are stir crazy and have all these ambitions for awesome things you will do when you get home.  Then you get home and you are so exhausted and lethargic that you just want to lounge in preparation for doing it all again the next day.  I am trying to avoid that, but have never been great at maintaining a healthy work-life balance.  In the meantime, I have been trying to take advantage of this 3 day weekend (the last one I may have in a while!).



Friday
Hiked part of Bear Peak Trail with 3 lovely ladies.  It was an absolutely gorgeous trail, in fact I had every intention of bringing my camera and taking pictures, but decided against it.  It looked like rain clouds were forming, and I swear I read earlier that day that there would be evening thunderstorms (in true Colorado fashion).  Since I was not well equipped with a backpack that I could store my camera in if it rained, I didn't want to risk it.  I am vowing to go back up at some point and get some nice pictures.  But here is one I took of the Flatirons during graduation weekend to hold you over.  Probably one of my faves.



Saturday (today)
Headed to an open mic event with these two and bringing a bottle of wine, should be great, and should be plenty more of what you see in the picture above :) ...



Sunday (tomorrow)
Spending a day with my camera - going exploring.  Not sure where yet, but I need to get comfortable with my camera, and I think any place will do for that.  Remember last time when I said I needed to pick a hobby and stick with it?  Well the camera won and I am looking forward to getting to know it better!



Monday
Might be making a little trip to Wash Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment