Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Food Series: Mom's Potato Salad


 




One of the great things about cooking is that it doesn't have to get old.  Each season brings new ingredients and foods that are unique to that time of year.  I thought it would be fun to bring some of these dishes to the blog as the year progresses!

There are some things that I just don't eat unless it is summer but I look forward to them all year long.  One of the things I crave come June is my mom's potato salad.  It reminds me of picnics at the park or the beach.  The ingredients are super simple and, I don't know about you, but that's what I like in a potato salad!

5 lbs of potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled until cooked through
5 scallions, chopped
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1-1.5 cups of mayo to desired consistency
Salt and seasoned pepper to taste


The only problem with this recipe is that I make enough for an entire family and quickly remember that I am only one person.  Therefore I only make it once or twice each summer because I end up eating it for a while after I make it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment