Sunday, July 28, 2013

Inspired | Grilled Cheese


On Saturdays, there is a small farmer's market just down the street from us.  It's only one block long, but it's one of my favorite things to do to get a cup of coffee and pick up something new at the market.  This weekend I took Kora with me and she had a fun time going up to all of the tables and sniffing what the farmers had to offer.

Right before this trip, I made a really healthy egg white breakfast (theknot.com tells me I need to start getting in shape for our wedding..ugh), but when I went to the farmer's market I saw a huge loaf of rosemary sourdough that I just needed to have.  I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but you can never go wrong with a nice loaf of artisan bread.


By lunch time I knew that this bread's fate was to become grilled cheese.  By dinner time, I knew Denny and I would be having more grilled cheese :)  I'm surprised that I actually have enough self control to not eat grilled cheese all the time (aside from this day)...it's right up there with mac & cheese for me.  Finding websites like this make it especially hard for me.  Sweet Jesus, a whole website dedicated to fancy grilled cheese.  I can't deal.



Here's what I did with the rosemary sourdough:
Havarti
Tomato
Arugula

Cheddar
Fried Egg
Spinach
Onion

Mozzarella
Tomato
Basil
Balsamic Vinegar

 That's it.  Simple, yet amazingly delicious.

Equally as simple is the cucumber salad I served with it.
1/2 diced cucumber
1 diced tomato
1/2 chopped red onion
2 tbsp white vinegar
Salt & pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment