Monday, June 10, 2013

Inspired | White Bean Bruschetta



The weeks after our engagement were followed by lots of happy hours with good friends.  Who could complain!?  Nobody.  Especially when I stumbled upon this dish during happy hour at Trattoria Stella (actually R Bar, which shares a wall with Stella).  Stella is an amazing Italian food joint in our area that never disappoints.  This white bean bruschetta was one of the best apps I have had in a long time.  In fact, I loved it so much that I had an entire piece to myself, realizing after I finished the last bite that there were only 2 pieces on the table, and 4 of us sharing.  Ooops!  Needless to say, we promptly ordered more and I tried to share this time :)

I was inspired to recreate it for a dinner party we attended...especially since I just bought a $17 bottle of truffle oil that I am desperately trying to use!  I think I got the recipe pretty close, so now I can eat as much as I want (and still share)...muahahahahaha!

Bean Spread
1 Loaf French bread, sliced and toasted
1 Can white beans
2 Tbsp olive oil
1.5 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Clove garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Water (a couple of tablespoons to desired consistency)

Toast the bread until golden brown.  Rinse the beans.  Throw all ingredients in a food processor, (except the bread!) adding water only as needed.

Arugula Topping
1/2 of a plastic container of arugula (a container usually holds 5oz.)
2 Tbsp. truffle oil
3 Tbsp goat cheese
(I don't think this was in the original recipe, but you know me, if there is goat cheese in our house it will make its way into a recipe)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

Toss the arugula, truffle oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.  Spread a small amount of goat cheese on each toast and top with arugula mixture.  Makes about 10 toasts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment